26 December, 2011

Cloud Cleanup time: renovating the homunculus and the Lone Ranger returns -- Hi-yo, Silver!

Graphic:Raegan Maddox
It's coming to that time of year when a 'cloud cleanup' is called for. Going through my online presence I delete old blogs, websites and the like that have fallen into disuse. Some people may renovate their homes or dress up dollies, but I play around online changing my meme. Out there/up here it's all me/ all digital me in dress up like a homunculus. And I'm clothed in layer upon layer of typed words, images and video. 

It's not an ego thing -- the activity anchors my thinking...I'm online computer dependent. My brain, you see, is idled.

 Gah gah. 

En route, cleaning up, I'm sure to get into some innovative hacking. I love hacking by deploying  OPHs -- 'other peoples hacks' .  Hacking is a wonderful 'what if?' challenge that already some one else has thought of and solved with  creative verve (and many more skills than I).

Meme I merely replicates.

My hope is that after a couple of rough years which have undermined my online engagement (I've tended to be less aggressive and innovative than of yore because of ill health) I may now mount  my trusty mouse-stead and re-assert my digital creativity. 

Hi Yo, Silver, Away! 
Narrator: The Lone Ranger!
[gunshots are fired]
The Lone Ranger: Hi-yo, Silver!
Narrator: A fiery horse with the speed of light, a cloud of dust and a hearty "Hi-yo Silver" - the Lone Ranger!
The Lone Ranger: Hi-yo, Silver, away!
Narrator: With his faithful Indian companion, Tonto, the daring and resourceful masked rider of the plains led the fight for law and order in the early West. Return with us now to those thrilling days of yesteryear. The Lone Ranger rides again!